Six Responses to Orlando
Christian Scholar and Apologist Responds to Orlando Tragedy
Vince Vitale, Senor Tutor at The Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics wrote a response to the Orlando Shootings today on the RZIM website with six practical responses required by believers in Jesus and helpful to people worldwide.
1) Tears. Vitale says even Jesus wept at the tomb of his friends Lazarus. He didn't offer explainations. He felt the pain and we need to as well before we speak.
2) "We secondly need to call this attack absolutely, nqualifiedly, incontrovertibly evil," writes Vitale. Vitale calls for repentence for times where we have let philosophers convince us to deny the existence of good and evil and for this stance being accepted by today's youth as a serious position.
3) Believe that every life is sacred. Love must be unconditional. Period. "May we be adament that it is never okay to treat people as anything other than sacred and absolutely worthy of dignity and respect."
4) We need justice when faced with unspeakable evil. Repulsive hate can not be overlooked writes Vitale.
5) Those who suffer should never be alone.
6) Evil will not have the final word writes Vitale referencing the truth of Revelation 21:3-4,
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
ead the full article at rzim.org