The ministry of motherhood, 11 of our favorite quotes
By Kyle Patterson
1) "There is more power in a mother's hand than in a king's scepter." - Billy Sunday
Not even a king's influence can compare with the power and responsibility a mother holds.
2) "God pardons like a mother, who kisses the offense into everlasting forgiveness." - Henry Ward Beecher
In a mother's eyes, heart, and actions, God can be revealed.
3) "If you are a parent, Christ can help you to rear your children in the fear and nurture and admonition of the Lord. If I were not a Christian, I would despair of my children in the moral climate in which we have to rear them.
We need the power of Christ within to raise the next generation of world changers for Christ.
4) "Get the Scripture and its principles ingrained into their souls—“precept upon precept; line upon line;” teach them “here a little, and there a little” from the Word of God (Isaiah 28:13). Get them into the habit of going to church every Sunday, of praying daily and of saying grace at the table.
That will solve 90 percent of the problems you have with your children." - Billy Graham
A mother with the Bible is more powerful than an army. Take up your the Bible, the sword of the Spirit and contend for the faith of the next generation.
5) I don't believe there are devils enough in hell to pull a boy out of the arms of a godly mother." - Billy Sunday
A godly mother's influence is far reaching, all the way into eternity.
6) "The impression that a praying mother leaves upon her children is life-long. Perhaps when you are dead and gone your prayer will be answered." - Dwight L. Moody
When we pray for our children, those prayers are impacting them for all of eternity. Let us not become weary in well doing, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we don't give up.
7) All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. Abraham Lincoln
Motherhood = leadership = influence = the future.
8) Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9
With much power comes much responsibility.
9) Christ is the answer to teenage delinquency. Christ in the home, in the lives of the parents, is the only permanent solution to the menacing teenage social problems in America. - Billy Graham
Christ is the only hope. Lift up Jesus in our homes.
10) I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. Abraham Lincoln
Your prayers change hearts, align destinies, and establish righteousness in the hearts of our children.
11) I cannot tell you how much I owe to the solemn word of my good mother. Charles Haddon Spurgeon
Proverbs 25:11 tells us a word spoken at the right time is like golden apples on a silver tray. Our words have the power of life and death. Choose life.