The President’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
Perhaps no other candidate for President in recent history has courted Evangelicals and reached out to the religious community as much as New York native Donald Trump.
But not to be outdone the White House recently released the list of the members of the President’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships:
Council Chair: The Rev. Jennifer Butler, CEO, Faith in Public Life
Other council members:
- Bishop Carroll A. Baltimore, former president, Progressive National Baptist Convention.
- Preeta Bansal, president, Social Emergence Corporation.
- The Rev. David Beckmann, president, Bread for the World.
- The Rev. Traci Blackmon, acting executive minister of the United Church of Christ’s Justice and Witness Ministries.
- Kara Bobroff, executive director of Native American Community Academy.
- Christian blogger and author Rachel Held Evans.
- Rabbi Steve Gutow, former president, Jewish Council for Public Affairs.
- The Rev. Adam Hamilton, pastor of the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kan.
- Aziza Hasan, executive director of NewGround: Muslim Jewish Partnership for Change.
- Lanae Erickson Hatalsky, vice president, social policy and politics program, Third Way.
- David Jeffrey, national commander, Salvation Army USA.
- Naseem Kourosh, human rights officer at the U.S. Baha’i Office of Public Affairs.
- The Rev. Jo Anne Lyon, former general superintendent, The Wesleyan Church.
- The Rev. Michael McBride, urban strategies director, People Improving Communities through Organizing.
- Nipun Mehta, founder, ServiceSpace.
- Rami Nashashibi, executive director, Inner-City Muslim Action Network.
- Kevin Ryan, CEO and president, Covenant House International.
- The Rev. Gabriel Salguero, president, National Latino Evangelical Coalition.
- Barbara Satin, assistant faith work director, National LGBTQ Task Force.
- Stephen Schneck, director, Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies, Catholic University of America.
- Manjit Singh, board chair, Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund.
- Alexie Torres-Fleming, executive director, nonprofit Access Strategies Fund.
- Deborah Weinstein, executive director, Coalition on Human Needs.